2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC037 September 2020 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Double Tap

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC037 September 2020 - Winners announced

Post by Double Tap »

Well done to the winners and to everyone else - there were some excellent tracks last month. And also for the feedback - there's quite a bit of effort involved in critiquing and it's a rare thing to get.
Shea

Post by Shea »

This was a great experience and that has nothing to do with winning anything. A fun growing experience with good feedback from all.
Congrats to all who participated!! You should feel good about your contributions. :clap:

Luftrum Bioscape
Blang

Post by Blang »

It was a nice opportunity to have a go with this genre since it has some very different characteristics than music I usually work on / listen to. But I have a feel it will somehow influence my future music. I have to say it felt kinda scary, passing on and receiving judgement via text, but luckily there is a very pleasant vibe in this community!

The SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle is the prize of my choice.
Leonard Bowman

Post by Leonard Bowman »

regarding the criticism/judging process, I was just reading a thread elsewhere about how constructive means of review and critical response - I think the feedback here is great and in the future I hope I can be more helpful to others with some of the ideas I picked up.

And as for the 3rd place prize I'll go for MODO Bass.