2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC044 April 2021 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC044 April 2021 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 02nd May 2021, 03:25 (UTC+2/CEST) - the Voting Period has officially ended.

All participants have submitted some final feedback, we therefore have 0 disqualifications.

I will post the results within the next 24-48 hours, please have an eye on this thread.
(this is not an automated process)
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC044 April 2021 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the results of Songwriting Competition 44

:arrow: The winners podium consists of:
  1. @becsei_gyorgy (68 pts)
  2. @erictracks (66 pts)
  3. @Blang (66 pts)

Apologies for the waiting time, this is not an automated process.

<4 participant rule is not in use (staff comments and votes)
We have 0 disqualifications (due to lack of feedback, see overhauled game mechanics)
We have 0 withdrawn entries
We have 0 votes after the deadline
We have 2 users that tied
  • erictracks has 2x10pts, 0x9pts, 2x8pts -- Blang has 1x10pts, 1x9pts, 3x8pts -- erictracks therefore scores higher
"Sole (License) Winner" rule does apply - 1-position Winners Podium

STATISTICS SHEET:
Overview of Submissions (PDF - updated: 02-MAY-2021, full sheet)

If you enjoy this piece of information, I can continue doing this for future Songwriting Competitions as well. I create this Microsoft Excel/Open Office Calc sheet regardless (to find out LUFS and dBTP offsets). It is usually just not as nicely arranged.

Here are the results as chart in image form:

Thank you so much for your participation. :clap:

:arrow: License selection:

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, email address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner. Once one company has been selected, it's out of the pool for the next person on the podium.

Feedback about the "Songwriting Competition" is welcome (please do so here).

See you in in the next challenge!

Songwriting Competition 045 (May 2021) is still in full swing.
Please help spread the word to get the Songwriting Competition to 15-20 participants on average during 2021. :help:
becsei_gyorgy

Post by becsei_gyorgy »

Thank you for the feedbacks guys.
As I wrote earlier, this month was enjoyable for me. :phones:
I hope to see you all at one of the following competitions.
I pass, I don't want pick up a prize this month.
Thank you for all again.
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Thank you all very much !!!
I was last :cry: , but thank you for your comments. So every month I learn more :tu: .
See you at the following competitions
erictracks

Post by erictracks »

I really enjoyed listening to the entries this month. I dig a lot of fusion, and find the big personalities and egos that were involved back in the day fascinating.

I'll pass on the prize this month.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, just some comments:

Blang - I agree a recurring theme would have elevated the track. I was going for a particular vibe with the scale based stuff but I appreciated your feedback regarding harmonic / chord based changes and it'll stick with me. and i totally forgot to be explicitly chaotic. In my mind the keys and solo in the third section were supposed to imply chaos but like you said no need to be subtle in this months challenge.

AskAndy - thank you it was a les paul on neck pickup. Honestly still can't believe how far amp sims have come.

dadomachado - yes totally agree like with Blang's comment I think a melodic theme would have made the track more memorable.

Gloo - no worries it was so subtle it was easy to forget haha.

becsei_gyorgy - i am so happy to see something of mine described as 'joyful' thank you. I was trying to deemphasize the drums because I wasn't happy with the sounds or my tapped out rhythms.

EsteveCorbera - i was definitely going for the vintage electric piano sound.
Gloo

Post by Gloo »

I'm enjoy to listen all tracks. Doesn't matter who is first and who is last, all tracks are good! :clap:
It is a pleasure to hear creativity in action! I'll pass on the prize too. Thank you to all on good comments and critique!
Greetings to all and good luck in future creative work! :smile:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

I appreciate the positivity, but let me please point out that if we have a 1-position winners podium, there is sadly no prize/license to pass. Maybe I'll change the podium listing for future games where there have been equal/less than 7 participants to make that more clear.

Thank you everyone for joining SWC044 - see you in SWC045 :phones: