2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC045 May 2021 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
becsei_gyorgy

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC045 May 2021 - Winenrs announced

Post by becsei_gyorgy »

Thank you to everyone for your feedback and participation.
It was great that a lot of good songs were made and that there was a variety of genres within electronic music.

The good thing here is that you can learn a lot by studying hitherto unknown genres (I wouldn’t have looked after fusion jazz in my life, and I would never have read about the depths of drum and bass, if I wouldn’t be here :smile: ). And while studying these genres, you gain a wealth of knowledge. That’s one of the main reasons it’s so great to be here.

The other is that mandatory feedback is a great occasion to learn critical music listening. :phones:
I know that it’s always hard give valuable feedback. For example, like me who isn’t musically educated enough to write serious and in-depth reviews. Although I think we’ve been discussing this topic quite a bit in recent months (mandatory feedback etc.).

Thank you again and congratulations to everyone for the good work. :clap:

This „modular synthesizer thing :smile:” seems interesting, so I choose Cherry Audio license, the Year One Collection.
SoundBeing

Post by SoundBeing »

Congrats @becsei_gyorgy !

Well worth the agony of defeat, haha. This was a lot of fun. :cool:
canese

Post by canese »

Thank you everybody for your kind feedback. I must admit I was short this time explaining how I created the music. Its just that it is very simple , to lay a house beat and put a pluck synth doing arpeggios, we all know how it's done. But next time I'll be longer, I promise.
Honestly, I would love to know, more in detail, how @AskAndy did his song, it's just mindblowing the details and little automations or knobs that were put into thought to create that piece.

Anyway, I'll take Bioscape for the prize. Ty again.

:clap:
SoundBeing

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC045 May 2021 - Winners announced

Post by SoundBeing »

Thanks to all those who took the time to listen and offer feedback and a special shout out to Mr. Fox for putting this whole thing on and keeping this site alive.

I would also like to try the Voltage Modular Ignite with the license of "Year One Collection". It seems like a rabbit hole worth a few tumbles. :smile:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

I am sorry, but the license has already been taken by becsei_gyorgy. As per the rule book, Cherry Audio is (sadly) off of the list for this month. Same goes for Luftdrum, as selected by canese.

But fear not, you can still check out Cherry Audio tools, as Voltage Modular Nucleus can be picked up for free (for the foreseeable future).
SoundBeing

Post by SoundBeing »

Roger that. :tu:
I'm going to try SynthMaster Bundle 1 + 2

I don't have anything like this in my tool kit so we'll see how weird I can get on one of my next admissions. Thanks again!