2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC058 June 2022 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Mellow Browne

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC058 June 2022 - Winners announced

Post by Mellow Browne »

Congratulations to OlliH for the first place!

I have big respect for each one of you, you all did a great job this month. Especially VCA-089 and becsei_gyorgy as long time forum users, you always have amazing entries and you never disappoint me with what you come up with, you have incredible skills and your critical and musical ear is developed very precise. Edit: I forgot to mention you OlliH!!

I had drum lessons this friday and I showed my teacher my submission and he said the drum groove I played is a Bossa Nova pattern :face:. Now I know what was “wrong” with my entry, I mixed up some things there, my overall musical understanding is not very developed yet, I really need to learn more about all these sub-genres. As a Hip Hop and Neo Soul “beatmaker” I always tend to focus on chord progression and not the melody. I have to re-think my approach on how to “produce” my music, especially when I try other genres I never tried before.
And yes, there is quite some dissonance, it’s the e-piano that is not well tuned to the other instruments, I couldn’t really hear that on my speakers :hmmm:

Thanks for this opportunity, I never learned so much from any other SWC I participated, but I’m still proud of my entry.

So, thanks to everyone (especially to you Mister Fox) and have nice Sunday. See you next time :hyper:
Olli H

Post by Olli H »

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to comment each other. I read all of them quite carefully for it's interesting to see what aspects others find from those submissions that I had just myself listened carefully. And of course thanks to MrFox for making all this learning possible

Day by day my fingers are getting stiffer, so I guess now it's time to start to practice a virtual guitar. So, I'll take the Musiclab's REALLPC.
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Congratulations to the winner!!!
becsei_gyorgy

Post by becsei_gyorgy »

Congrats to OlliH and VCA, + for everyone who participated. It was a nice competition.
VCA-089

Post by VCA-089 »

Wow, I wasn't expecting to get so high in this competition. Good job @Olli H and @becsei_gyorgy!