2024-APR-11 Info: Check out our current running games Mix Challenge 097 and Songwriting Competition 080.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
A Future in Noise
Song Provider
Song Provider

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Voting until 01-APR-2023 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by A Future in Noise »

Hello everybody! I realize it's almost an obligation for me to wright feedback. Unfortunitely I don't have access to my laptop right now. Only smartphone, and my hands and fingers are alteady beginning to hurt/cramp. But I'll see what I can do. Can't promise anything, though.
becsei_gyorgy

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Voting until 01-APR-2023 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by becsei_gyorgy »

OrpheusXL wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 00:20 CEST
I would like to provide a sound which I created during my experiments, which can solve the tinnitus.
Well, it works only for about 10 or 15 seconds yet, but it can be quite a peaceful moment to enjoy.
Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mli6pljq6bd8 ... s.mp3?dl=0
Thank you for sharing this voice, will definitely be an interesting experiment to try in the longer term
As i hear (and see the frequency spectrum :smile: ) sounds between 12k-2k help to exercise the ear?
As I wrote, the tinnitus doesn't bother me that much (or I don't pay attention to it), but I'm curious about the effect of your voice.
Thanks again.
A Future in Noise
Song Provider
Song Provider

Hello, it has turned out that my new Samsung smartphone refuses to play the songs on Mix-challenge. I cannot hear anything at all. Unless i can get back home to my apartment in a few hours, it will be very difficult to do a good job.

Has it ever occoured that a competitor has been given a day extra? (I think it has? Maybe with point withdrawel?) That could possible solve the problem. I apologize for the innconveniences.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Voting until 01-APR-2023 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by Mister Fox »

I've been offering a "up to 1 day late vote, in turn for a 5pts penalty" for quite some time now.

If you are short on time, and have technical issues, that is an option
A Future in Noise
Song Provider
Song Provider

Mister Fox wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 15:30 CEST
I've been offering a "up to 1 day late vote, in turn for a 5pts penalty" for quite some time now.

If you are short on time, and have technical issues, that is an option
Thanks Mister Fox.
madmax

Post by madmax »

My feedback

Arelem
Beautiful song, sure, but it’s always the same, no variations, no surprise, just a little bit boring

Canese
very good ideas, but there is no lead voices.
I would use the voice more, with a soloist support

MellowBrown
The song has a good crescendo until 1.50, then i was waiting for something that didn’t happen,
later i would have dared more, something that would catch your attention.
But I liked it

OrpheusXL
I like the song, sorry, I can’t give you any (thing) feedback (but love)
Good job

JeroenZuiderwijk
This is my song

KukoBass
Thanks, you give me a good memory.
I worked with a male singer that loved sing and tell the music.
Music is a language, language is words?, words is music.
The timbric of the voice is like….. voice for radio.
Singing in not valued as it should
I would put side by side singing and narrative voice, believe me, it’s amazing thing.
I appreciate the song, I’m curious to hear the next

EsteveCorbera
Just more bass
Good song, thank you

Juhu
I appreciate the work of piano, rich chord

Jorgeelalto
Good song.
Just a little bit flat, piano alone that seems to be a lead, but no one to help, support him.
I would have worked more on piano

becsei_gyorgy
Very good song, the female voice it’s amazing
Me, as a musician, I would have served the voices more

aFutureInNoise
Interesting song, with its own character.
For me it is the most sincere song of the contest.
I don’t know if the sound of guitars is wanted, they are……….. strange
but beautiful

1 JeorenZuiderwijk
2 OrpheusXL
3 aFutureInNoise
4 MellowBrown
5 KukoBass

Thanks of You all
OrpheusXL

Post by OrpheusXL »

First: This was a tough task for me, but I definitely learned a lot about chords, how to compose and finally also how to get the correct loudness settings.

I enjoyed the different genres and ideas, although some are not in the range of my musical taste. I grew up with the Beatles and the Stones have been the „bad guys“ those days. ;-)

And I appreciate the detailed feedback! Now there are some things to learn to improve the sounds.

Second: The voting was even harder. I could easily change the voting places (points) for all five.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 02nd April 2023, 03:45 (UTC+2/CEST) - the Voting Period has officially ended.

Sadly, not all participants have submitted final feedback, we would therefore have 2 disqualifications.

I will send out another newsletter/message to those particular participants (@A Future in Noise, @canese), give you until the end of Sunday, 02-APR-2023 as per the rule book on the voting process ("overtime mechanic"). If there is a feedback and a vote by the participant in question, only -5 points will be deducted from the scoresheet. Else, sadly a disqualification.

Once I have this feedback as well, I will post the results within 2-3 days and take "late feedback" into consideration.
(this is not an automated process)

The only disqualification criteria is by "not participating" with feedback at the end of the game. Time constraints can happen -- but I do not consider entries to be "withdrawn" at this point. You unfortunately just didn't have the time.

Please keep in mind, you unfortunately can't vote for entries that are declared "Withdrawn" or "Bonus". So to those that did, please adjust that. Everyone else, please no more changes to your vote. Thank you.

Please have an eye on this thread :educate:
A Future in Noise
Song Provider
Song Provider

Ranking
► Show Spoiler
My experience this month - what I've learned - is to never use a mobile telephone again.

Feedback (not too extensive) will hopefully follow in a few hours.

Feedback; handwritten: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-p7Nhg ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by A Future in Noise on Sun Apr 02, 2023 14:38 CEST, edited 4 times in total.
KukoBass
Backer
Backer

Post by KukoBass »

Hello @Mister Fox,

just in case that canese isn't back in time to cast a vote and give feedback and gets disqualified: What happens to our votes?

If their entry were withdrawn within the timeline, I would change my vote so place 4 gets place 3, place 5 gets place 4 and becsei_gyorgy would get place 5 in my TOP 5.

But if canese gets disqualified after the late voting timeline just because they are not back in time, the 3 points I'd given them just get lost for the other participants? :sad: