2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Schedule changes for the Remix Challenge and Mastering Challenge

News and Announcements resolving around the Mix Challenge community
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Schedule changes for the Remix Challenge and Mastering Challenge

Post by Mister Fox »

I am introducing major changes to the recurrence / schedules for the Remix Challenge (RMXC) and Mastering Challenge (MastC).

After gathering some raw data (contest participation, thread clicks) and some overall feedback to the games during the recent months, I am trying to space things out a bit. In case of the Mastering Challenge, I want to make the games a bit more "rare" and therefore special. Also considering that the available license pool does offer very unique and outstanding tools. In terms of the Remix Challenge, I want to offer "a bit more time" for creating a suitable remix. This is more in line with various competitions all over the internet and less of a "time limited client to business" simulation. I do hope that this will add to the overall participation.

I am therefore presenting the following changes:

Remix Challenge:
  • the deadline will be permanently extended to 48 days or the 18th of the follow up month (currently already in effect)
  • depending on the availability of source material (currently, the Song Pool is empty), there will be one final Remix Challenge in 2018
  • in 2019, there will only be 3 games (every 4 months) to 4 games (every 3 months) absolute maximum, depending on the availability of source material
Mastering Challenge:
  • the last MastC will be in August 2018
  • in 2019, there will only be 3 games (every 4 months) to 4 games (every 3 months) absolute maximum, depending on the availability of source material
  • the time frame of 14 days will not change

Feedback is always welcome.
Thanks for reading. :tu:
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Re: Schedule changes for the Remix Challenge and Mastering Challenge

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Looks nice to me, taking into account there is so little material available it's cool to have less challenges. Also if we reduce the concurrency of challenges that will also be good taking into account some members of the forum participate in several of them at the same time.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Schedule changes for the Remix Challenge and Mastering Challenge

Post by Mister Fox »

An update regarding the Remix Challenge:
http://mix-challenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=166