2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Superbooth 2020 - event canceled

News and Announcements resolving around the Mix Challenge community
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Superbooth 2020 - event canceled

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to (once more) talk about the "Superbooth" for a minute. The "Superbooth" is a Synthesizer Trade Show/Exhibition that is open for everyone that is only slightly interested in synthesizers. It emerged in 2016 and is running for it's 5th year. You have the chance to get hands-on with presented equipment, you can talk shop, you can join workshops, you can DIY stuff and you are able to enjoy various concerts on the event grounds.

phpBB [media]

Presentation video: Superbooth 2019

The "Superbooth" is held every spring , and is (as of this moment) is a recurring visitor at the FEZ (Freizeit und Erholungszentrum), Berlin (Germany). Europe's biggest, non-profit children-, youth- and family center, located in the south east of Berlin in the district named Oberschöneweide (or more precisely, at the Wuhlheide).

Date: Thursday, 23rd April 2020 until Saturday, 25th April 2020

More information, including an exhibitor list:
https://www.superbooth.com

:arrow: I will be attending "Superbooth 2020" as visitor.

Just like 2018 and 2019, I will be attending Superbooth as a visitor during the regular opening hours. I will walk around the area, check out new synths, talk to companies, meet up with fellows and generally have a good time.

:arrow: Possible meetup?

In 2019, I offered a "meet and greet" on Friday afternoon (the 2nd event day). I announced this on the Mix Challenge community forum, but sadly, nobody dropped by. Probably because I announced this a bit too late (mere 1 week in advance). This time, this post is being released 2 months prior to the event. So I'd like to repeat my offer.

I did not set a definite time frame for the visit yet (I need to check up on schedules for workshops first, and how I have time myself), but Friday sounds like a good day for a possible meetup.

<THIS AREA WILL BE UPDATED AT A LATER STATE>

You'll be attending Superbooth 2020 as well? Are you interested in a meet and greet?
Let's discuss further details down below. :phones:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Superbooth 2020 - event canceled

Post by Mister Fox »

Hello everyone,

it pains me to inform you that the Superbooth 2020 has been canceled due to the current health situation and the worldwide development of COVID-19 (aka "the Coronavirus disease"). The statement has been made public by the event holders on 13th March on their social media accounts and on their homepage.

"Superbooth" will not be moved back into the year 2020, and there has been no new date announced for 2021 either.

Let us try again in 2021...

[/thread closed]