2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC068 August 2020 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February until December
javiramallo

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC068 August 2020 - Mix Round 2 until 11-SEP-2020 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by javiramallo »

Hi.

Here is my Attemp to Round2. Hope you like it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14SAb4E ... sp=sharing

I tried to compensate the faults DSL told me keeping special attetion to the Son's flow.

Also, I Worked some Spectral issues in the overall mix.

Nice to participate and nice to share with you all the things that here are happenening

Thanks to DigitalSL and Mr. FOx for the efford.

See you.

Javier.
pabloAT

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC068 August 2020 - Mix Round 2 until 11-SEP-2020 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by pabloAT »

Dear all,
Please find below the dropbox link to the second’s round mix. Many thanks to DigitalSoundLabs for the feedback and to Mr. Fox for taking care of the submissions.

[link to mix R2]

For this mix, following DSL’s remarks, I’ve :
Smoother the full mix by adding an almighty Pultec-style EQ into the buss master and tweaking around to get a nice tonality.
Forced the mix’s blend with some old school (short) delaying as a send effect for some track groups and dossified with gusto.
Tried to leave intact the original mix musicality of the track that seemed to like DSL.
All the success for the participants!
Pablo
Alex Van mixland

Post by Alex Van mixland »

Hello,
I'm very happy to be in round 2.
Here is my mix:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yum3zwqi0iknd ... 2.wav?dl=0

What i changed:
1. I rethink over balance of instruments and changed it a little bit. I try to get better balance of the instruments.
2. Also in the end i add hifi thing.

Thank you,
Cheers!
rvalle

Post by rvalle »

Hello my friends!

Here's my version for the second round.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pspAR2 ... sp=sharing

From what I took from your feedback, Samuel wanted an improvement in the interaction between the elements of the track. So, I improved the automations and included some new ones, modulating amplitude, filters, etc. It was really cool to make this mix. :tu:

Good luck to all.
gaurav.talreja

Post by gaurav.talreja »

Hello folks,
I am quite delighted to go through round 2 and here is what I have come up with.

Note: I have made changes as per the feedback received and i have enhanced as much to make it sound overall tight and great.The snare is made fatter and the highs are taken care off.

WAV :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tKrOA3 ... sp=sharing

Thanks!!
Waleed Morris

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC068 August 2020 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by Waleed Morris »

DigitalSoundLabs wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 23:36 CEST

Waleed Morris
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Very musical mix
-Some few more creative elements would even spice it up
Hello everyone,
First of all, Thank you for picking my mix for round 2.
So, when I tried to spice up some elements (without remix) I felt there is something wrong about the whole music idea.
fortunately! there is the last part nearest the end of the music, I spice it up in a good way which I like it and I hope you like it as well.
◉ also, I sculpting -2db @240hz and 600hz .(dynamic eq)
◉ added exciter.

Int Loudness (LUFS - BS.1770)-18.41 (ITU) TPL-5.12 (ITU) any comments or feedback are most welcome.

My submission.

MC068_DigitalSoundLabs_Over The Rainbow_Waleed Morris_R2.wav

Cheers!
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

A friendly reminder:
We're in the final 24 hours to submit your edit for Mix Round 2
ConcreteMixer

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC068 August 2020 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by ConcreteMixer »

DigitalSoundLabs wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 23:36 CEST
Hi folks,

finally here is the result of rating the participants to go to round 2. For me it was also an interesting experience to listen into so many different mixes and really find these, who sound best to me or where I see the most potential. So here it is (in alphabetical order):

ConcreteMixer
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Very intresting remix with good ideas
-Beat is too thin. Snare should sound rather than a typical Breaks/Dubstep Snare
-Volume mix is well
-Tonal it sounds a little odd, try to make it sound more "professional"
Here’s my revisions for round 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlqyc4z6totab ... 2.wav?dl=0

Notes:
• Dialed back the attack on the transient designer on the snare to make it less Break/Dubstep sounding
• Hit the parallel compression on the drum bus a little harder to fatten up the drums
• Made some adjustments to some of the envelopes here and there to tighten up the transitions
• Added a small amount of bus compression on the master to glue everything together for a more professional sound on the whole mix. Used Ableton’s stock Glue Compressor for this task with around 2-3 dBs of GR

Loudness:
• Metering via YouLean Loudness Meter 2
• -19.3 LUFS (integrated)
• -2.6 dB True Peak

Thanks again for the tune and the feedback on the mix!
Tapwater

Post by Tapwater »

Hello, here is the revision of my mix:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qnQW8l ... p=drivesdk

I adjusted some eqs and balances as well as automated some tracks to give it a rounder more harmonic sound.

Thank you!
DigitalSoundLabs

Post by DigitalSoundLabs »

Hi guys,

again thanks for your submissions. So I have some tasks the next days.

BR & a nice WE
Samuel