2024-APR-11 Info: Check out our current running games Mix Challenge 097 and Songwriting Competition 080.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC078 July 2021 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February, April, June, August, October, December
jules666

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC078 July 2021 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by jules666 »

Los_ady wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:32 CEST
.... got invited to a grill party from the judge (True Story)
Did you go?...assuming the judge would supply some booze as well, and you could have drunk and ate your fine back if you did :hihi: :grin:
RuediRena

Post by RuediRena »

Have been "außer Landes" for a week now and checked back to see how things are going - to find the following.
Mister Fox wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:21 CEST

What I didn't point out (but the Song Provider is informed of this):
We have four entries where there was a hint in the documentation, that there was existing content copied/moved, and then effects used on top to create transitions. Those entries were by @AskAndy, @Promissel, @RuediRena and @TheLordRudman (unless I've missed one entry). Technically, we (the Song Provider and I) made clear once more in this post on page 01 that you should not copy/paste anything to add something that "wasn't there before" in order to create transitions (most notably: the Riser sample -- creating reversed reverb made from/leading up into the signal in question, like a guitar, is a different topic). As of this moment, this is not a criteria for disqualification. However, should you be selected for Mix Round 2, and in fairness to all other participants, chances are you might need to revert this and/or find a different solution.
Thanks for the notification, Mister Fox!

It was a misinterpretation of rules on my side. No problem to get rid of the two additional risers and achieve a similar effect via automating delay and/or reverb on one of the overhead tracks or maybe leave them out altogether - that is if Los_ady will choose RuediRena for second round.

@ Los_ady
... and I thought my little hiking trip made for an adventure ...

Have a nice day, guys!
Ruedi
Los_ady

Post by Los_ady »

Fantastic @RuediRena Where have you been?

I'm already 50% through in between all the mixing work (blessed) and try to give the best and helpful individual feedback possible :) soon we got 10 people for round 2, stay tuned!
Los_ady

Post by Los_ady »

Haha @jules666 that would be a kind offer but I'm 100% sober ;) and I don't eat meat hahahaha so a double whammy, but that's fine, they can still do what the heck they want

No no I didn't went to the judges home haha but to our translator Ali, another fantastic guy we met on our journey :) Also we had to leave the very next day as it was the last ferry for this month ;)
RuediRena

Post by RuediRena »

Los_ady wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 22:21 CEST
Fantastic @RuediRena Where have you been?
Been to the Blackwood Forest in Southern Germany with one of my daughters hiking on despite summer some rather slippery and muddy mountain trails and gorges.
Los_ady

Post by Los_ady »

Sounds fantastic, though it was slippery @RuediRena never checked out this area - yet! :)
Los_ady

Post by Los_ady »

Dear Everyone, I'm almost done give me 1 - 2 more days and we go to the next round! as an apologise for the delay everyone get's individual feedback for the track with tips for learning further :) sounds good?
Dodgingrain

Post by Dodgingrain »

Los_ady wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 19:05 CEST
Dear Everyone, I'm almost done give me 1 - 2 more days and we go to the next round! as an apologise for the delay everyone get's individual feedback for the track with tips for learning further :) sounds good?
Individual feedback is awsome! :tu: :hail: :tu:
Mixing, Mastering, Remixing Services
Two Cat Audio Labs, llc
https://www.twocataudiolabs.com
https://www.instagram.com/twocataudiolabs/
dadomachado

Post by dadomachado »

Los_ady wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 19:05 CEST
Sounds Great !!!! :clap:
Los_ady

Post by Los_ady »

Hey Everybody, I hope you are doing good!!!

We have 14 people who make it to the next round :) congratulations and thank you for everyone who participated, you all rock!

You will find feedback in this google spreadsheet below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

See you in round 2:

@Ozgen Sabuncu
@LughSenderson
@Jerze
@rvalle
@GUSWIS
@ciaranchrisoshea
@s&f (Wild Card will be used here as it came in the wrong format)
@CaptainBink
@Promissel
@AndyM
@kirurg
@UHLS
@CeZar
@Mork

Let's rock it! If I forgot to give feedback to someone, please let me know :)
Last edited by Los_ady on Thu Aug 12, 2021 14:25 CEST, edited 1 time in total.