2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC085 April 2022 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February until December
Blang

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC085 April 2022 - Mix Round 2 until 13-MAY-2022 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by Blang »

Thanks for the feedback!
When you said you’d like crispier vocals, I realised the whole mix could use a bit more sparkle and clarity. So I cut some lo-mids and mids from some synths. Added some bottom and top to the kick.

To make the toms thicker, I let the reverb on it come through (less gated) more and added a parallel track for extra attack.
The transition to verse 2 is now smoother with some soft claps as a backbeat.

The funky guitar has some extra bite and movement now.
I did some further automation icing on the cake to make several transitions more impactful.

Here is my Round 2 mix:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OgoBur ... sp=sharing

Cheerio!
Blang
delicate

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC085 April 2022 - Mix Round 2 until 13-MAY-2022 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by delicate »

Mix for round 2

I tried to address most of the requests. I did some frequency rebalancing, added a bit more automation, and added gain to percussive elements.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC085 April 2022 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 14th May 2022, 00:05 (UTC+2) - the 2nd Mix Round has officially ended.

STATISTICS
  • Sadly, not everyone has sent in an edit (those being @MFTWC and @floodo)
  • We have 3 Wild Card uses to advance into the next round (@JeroenZuiderwijk, @kevin gobin, @MadMav)
  • We have 1 participant that decided on not to advance through the use of a Wild Card (@floodo )
  • We have 0 submissions after the deadline

Please check your upload links again (I could download all files), and have an eye on this thread for more feedback and a possible Mix Round 3, or an announcement of the final results.

I'm now opening up the room (again) for Q&A's and giving each other feedback (which is highly encouraged)

Please check out all other games on the community. The Songwriting Competition is still in full swing. :tu:
Please also consider becoming a Song Provider - no more material means no more Mix(ing) Challenges

See you on the flipside.
JeroenZuiderwijk
Wild Card x2
Wild Card x2

Post by JeroenZuiderwijk »

delicate wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 23:03 CEST
Mix for round 2

I tried to address most of the requests. I did some frequency rebalancing, added a bit more automation, and added gain to percussive elements.
I like the sound of your mix. It is a snappy compressed sound in a good way. Makes it feel very loud and therefor gives it a lot of energy.
tombesancon

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC085 April 2022 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by tombesancon »

Dear participants,

thank you for all the great mixes and work you did. It was very interessting to listen to all the different creations and we both enjoyed the music! I am proud to announce the top 3:

1. Michael_K
2. Jamesmusic
3. Andreybenassi

Cheers to you all and keep up the good work.

Tom
andreybenassi

Post by andreybenassi »

What a good news! Really happy to be in the Top 3! Thank you guys!

Congratz Jamesmusic for 2nd place and Congratz Michael_K for 1st place.

Especially Michael_K, what a nice mix buddy! I really enjoyed that more than mine (My mixes are almost like a son haha), level matched it sounds louder, clear and more dynamic! Solid mix! Great professional.
Michael_K

Post by Michael_K »

Wow!
Many thanks to @dima510 and @tombesancon for the first place pick! I am honored!
It was a pleasure working on this track!
Congrats to @Jamesmusic and @Andreybenassi, and thank you @Andreybenassi for the kind words!
Also a big thank you to @Mister Fox for doing everything that he does!
For the prize I pick the Metric Halo Channelstrip3.
Cheers to everybody and thanks again!
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

First and foremost, congratulations to the winners!
We are ending the game here and do not go into Mix Round 3.

The Winners Podium is
1) @Michael_K
2) @JamesMusic
3) @andreybenassi

We perform with the usual - in order of the winners podium, please select one license out of the pool and mention it in this thread, then (important) get in touch with me via PM with your full name, email address and your plugin selection. If one company has been selected, it's not available for the rest of the podium anymore.

I'll update the "winners podium" thread shortly.

Thanks again for your participation. You can leave the thread alive if you want to exchange tips/tricks, edits, etc.
And thank you @tombesancon for the final words of feedback and encouragement.

Also thank you to everyone for the positive words, especially on the Mix(ing) Challenge. Please keep in mind, we ran out of new multi-tracks to mix - no more material means no more games. I try to acquire new content, but we (currently) have open spots for August 2022, October 2022 and December 2022. Please reach out.

See you on the flipside.
JeroenZuiderwijk
Wild Card x2
Wild Card x2

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC085 April 2022 - Winners announced

Post by JeroenZuiderwijk »

Congratulations! Well deserved.

I hope I can help out with some new content for later this year. I´ll do my best but can´t promise yet.

Jeroen
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

A quick update:
I've sent out a reminder to all winners of MC085.

@Michael_K already selected a license from "Metric Halo" (has been delivered already). We're currently waiting for @JamesMusic. Should he not respond within the next 3 days (as of this post and the just sent out mail), @andreybenassi can select what's left form the pool.

Please check in with the Rule Book on winning licenses.