2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC063 November 2022 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
EsteveCorbera

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC063 November 2022 - results in preparation

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Mister Fox wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 05:12 CET
Dear SWC participants,
(...)
@EsteveCorbera

While I like the idea of an "Action Theme", this definitely feels more like a soundtrack than anything. Sadly not close to metal at all. The guitars are too tame (as in: the chord guitars could have been pushed with heavier distorted amps sims), the drums are too loud for this particular production (on headphones, the super bright drum kit even sounds like a sharp knives), the synth towards the end is also way too loud. Repetition is a topic as well.

Nice attempt with going more towards the more heavier side of "Rock Music", and you did create something in the first place. So kudos to that -- you can be (and should be!) really proud of yourself. This is what the Songwriting Competition is about.

However, you sadly didn't stick to the given task this month. I'm sorry.
(...)
Thanks for everyone's comments!!
They are what bring the most value to this contest.
You're right that my theme wasn't metal, but I liked the idea of making a soundtrack with guitars. I actually have a cool action theme left!! (I've always liked action movie soundtracks)
Dear David John

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC063 November 2022 - Winners announced

Post by Dear David John »

"Hi everyone, thanks for a great METAL month and for all the comments , feedback and votes. . I really had a lot of fun. :hihi:

I will grab: Luftrum Lunaris
Stay Aware. Stay Creative.
Treyt

Post by Treyt »

Wow, 2nd place on my first entry feels pretty neat, thanks everyone! Very fun time, and I look forward to more!
I will select the synthmaster 1 and 2 bundle for the prize thingie. Thanks to Mr. Fox for running this and providing a platform for it to happen on!
VCA-089

Post by VCA-089 »

Congrats to Dear David John and Treyt!

I'm gonna pass my prize selection this time...
becsei_gyorgy

Post by becsei_gyorgy »

Thank you for the feedbacks and congrats to all for participating in the contest, and especially congrats to the winners podium. :clap: