2024-MAY-01 Info: Check out our current running Songwriting Competition 081 - which offers an interesting twist and a focus on sound design.

Why Marketing Matters for Musicians

If a topic is not fitting into the other sections, Please keep it civil and appropriate.
WARNING: No politics, no religious bashing, no hate posts - we don't want this here!
Auto-Prune temporarily disabled!
malene

Post by malene »

Hey everyone,

I’ve been thinking a lot about how important marketing is for us musicians. It's not just about playing music; it's about making sure the right people hear it. Here's why we should all pay attention to marketing:

1. Reach More People: Marketing helps your music travel far and wide, beyond just your local area.

2. Share Your Story: Marketing lets you tell fans about yourself and your music, which helps them connect with you on a deeper level.

3. Get Noticed: With so much music out there, good marketing helps you stand out from the crowd.

4. Make Connections: Selling gig-tickets and music is not the only goal; it’s also about making genuine connections with people who listen to your music.

5. Be Successful: Great music deserves to be heard. Effective marketing helps make sure it does.

I’d love to hear about your experiences with marketing. What's worked for you? Let’s share tips and help each other out!

Looking forward to your stories!
malene

Re: Why Marketing Matters for Musicians

Post by malene »

I just wrote a blog post about how independent artists are making their mark on Spotify and wanted to share some key points with you all. The post focuses on Lesley, an indie musician who balances her passion for music with the realities of the industry. <admin edit - link removed>

Lesley manages everything from songwriting to fan engagement on her own, showing how crucial it is for artists to stay genuine and connected with their audience. The blog also dives into the financial aspect, detailing how streams translate into earnings and the significance of live gigs and merchandise.

It's an inspiring read for anyone interested in the behind-the-scenes of music streaming or thinking about pursuing a career in music. If you're curious about the challenges and rewards of being an independent artist today, give it a look!

⚠ Moderation Message from Mister Fox  
I've removed the link, due to the fact that this is more than just "a blog post" and borderline unpaid advertising, trying to grab as much user-data as possible for personal promotion gains.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Yeah, I'm sorry... but this is where I'm stepping in.

While the conversation could have been interesting, it was soured by using this as sneaky free advertising to get people signed up to a certain "service". I do not have a problem with people posting a link to their page / projects in a signature.

However, if you're masking a topic to "lead" people on to your page, with an article that looked as it was being written by AI, plus the nudge to "sign up to gather more information" -- this is where I will draw the line.

Please refrain from doing this in the future. Else, you will forfeit your access to this community.